Traffic Accidents Overview
Accidents may happen to anyone at any given time, at any given place in California. Such unfortunate incidents, while they involve property damage as well as injuries ranging from minor to serious ones, almost always involve negligence. As it is, this legal term refers to the failure of an individual or an entity to exercise due care towards the other person. Victims of these accidents have a valid reason to file personal injury claims against the responsible parties. So aside from seeking medical attention immediately after the accident, it is vital for the victims to also consider hiring personal injury lawyers in order for them to secure favorable settlement from the liable parties.
One of the broader forms of accidents that often involve the legal theory of negligence is traffic accidents. As it is, Los Angeles, as well as its nearby cities and counties in California, are no strangers to such events given the fact that such areas are always teeming with public and private vehicles, as well as pedestrians. The presence of these moving machines in busy roadways this side of California raises expectations of not only traffic congestion’s, but also traffic accidents involving road users.
The usual types of traffic accidents people encounter on the road on a daily basis include vehicle accidents such as the following:
- Auto accidents. Due to heavy traffic volume that is expected in busy interstate highways and other roadways in Los Angeles and neighboring cities and counties in California, collisions between automobiles are likely to happen.
- Pedestrian accidents.A lot of people in Los Angeles, California opt to walk on foot when going around the city. However, they are one of the most vulnerable road users, especially when they encounter approaching cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles when they walk on sidewalks or cross streets.
- Motorcycle accidents. Like pedestrians, motorcycle riders are also vulnerable on the road, considering that they drive alongside larger-framed vehicles like cars, trucks, or buses. Such mishaps often result in debilitating and serious injuries, especially on the part of the riders.
- Bicycle accidents. Also one of the most vulnerable road users apart from motorcyclists and pedestrians, bicyclists are likely to suffer in collisions, especially when they encounter drivers who are unaware of their presence on the road.
Aside from car accidents, there are also those traffic accidents that entail more serious consequences. These include the following:
- Train accidents. Convenient as they are as a public transport, train accidents still take place in California, leaving in their trails a lasting impact on victims and their families who may be suffering emotionally and financially.
- Truck accidents. These devastating accidents often involve mostly occupants of passenger vehicles; in fact, they are most likely to either sustain serious injuries or even get killed after colliding with these large vehicles.
Traffic accidents may be either minor or severe, depending on the circumstances. However, it is likely for those involved to suffer different types of injuries, from minor bruises and scratches to serious ones including fractures, head trauma, neck strain due to whiplash, and spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries that could lead to paralysis or even death. But like every other personal injury accident, victims of traffic mishaps and their families are entitled to their right to claim damages against the negligent parties.
If you or your loved one was involved in a traffic accident in Los Angeles or in any part of California, hiring personal injury attorneys from Personal Injury Defenders will help make sure that you obtain complete and maximum compensation that you and your family deserves. Contact us today at
(866) 998-2545 and discuss your traffic accident claim with us.